Resources and Links


Following is a list WEBSITES that may be helpful to you as a participant in the PCA Program. Please contact Stavros Member Services if you cannot find the information you are looking for.

Attorney General Office-Fair Labor Division: For questions regarding employee earned sick time.

Department of Children and Families Child at Risk Hotline: To report abuse or neglect of a child age birth- 17.

Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS): To find out information about the CORI process.

Department of Revenue: If you have any questions about your state employer taxes.

Disabled Persons Protection Commission Hotline: To report abuse or neglect of a disabled person age 18-59.

Elder Abuse Hotline: To report abuse or neglect of a person 60 years of age or older. 1-800-922-2275

Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development: To find out information about unemployment insurance; workers’ compensation; and labor standards, including wage standards.

Internal Revenue Service (IRS): For information about employee and employer tax rules and policies.  Please check with your FI first regarding any questions related to your employer taxes or EIN.

MassHealth: For general questions about MassHealth benefits and eligibility requirements.

MassHealth (eligibility unit): To find out about the status of your eligibility application.

Massachusetts Guardianship Association: For resources and information on guardianship or conservatorship. Email: or

Office of Inspector General/ List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE): To check to see if someone you want to hire is on the federal government’s list of people who cannot be paid under state or federally funded programs, such as PCA.

PCA Directory: To post a PCA job or find a PCA.

PCA Workforce Council: For information on the role and activities of the Workforce Council. Email: or

Sex Offender Registry Board (SORB):  To find out if a person you may want to hire as your PCA is registered as a sex offender in Massachusetts.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: For information and instructions about completing the Employee Eligibility Verification (I-9) form.

U.S. Department of Labor, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): For information on the FLSA, which establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, “live-in” standards, recordkeeping, and youth employment rules affecting employees, including domestic service employees such as PCAs.