Who To Call When?


Following is a list of telephone numbers and contact information that may be helpful to you as a participant in the PCA Program. Please contact Stavros Member Services if you cannot find the information you are looking for.


Attorney General Office-Fair Labor Division: For questions regarding employee earned sick time.617-727-3465                www.mass.gov/ago/earnedsicktime

Department of Children and Families Child at Risk Hotline: To report abuse or neglect of a child age birth- 17.

1-800-792-5200    http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/dcf/child-abuse-neglect

Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS): To find out information about the CORI process.

1-617-660-4640 or 1-617-660-4606 (TTY) www.mass.gov/cjis

Department of Revenue: If you have any questions about your state employer taxes              

617-887-6367 or 800-392-6089 (toll-free in Massachusetts)           http://www.mass.gov/dor

Disabled Persons Protection Commission Hotline: To report abuse or neglect of a disabled person age 18-59    

1-800-426-9009 or 1-888-822-0350 (V/TTY)            www.mass.gov/dppc/

Elder Abuse Hotline: To report abuse or neglect of a person 60 years of age or older     

1-800-922-2275 (V/TDD)                www.mass.gov/elders/

Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development: To find out information about unemployment insurance; workers’ compensation; and labor standards, including wage standards. 

1-617-626-7122 http://www.mass.gov/lwd/

Internal Revenue Service (IRS): For information about employee and employer tax rules and policies.  Please check with your FI first regarding any questions related to your employer taxes or EIN.         http://www.irs.gov/


MassHealth: For general questions about MassHealth benefits and eligibility requirements.      

1-800-841-2900                http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/masshealth/

MassHealth (eligibility unit): To find out about the status of your eligibility application.

1-888-665-9993 or (TTY: 1-888-665-9997)  http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/masshealth/

MassHealth Board of Hearings: For questions about MassHealth appeals/fair hearings. Board of Hearings

1-800-655-0338 or 617-8471204 (fax)      

Massachusetts Guardianship Association: For resources and information on guardianship or conservatorship

Email:  massguardianshipassociation@gmail.com or http://www.massguardianshipassociation.org/

MassHealth Fraud Unit: To report Medicaid fraud           


Office of Inspector General/ List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE): To check to see if someone you want to hire is on the federal government’s list of people who cannot be paid under state or federally funded programs, such as PCA.                               


PCA Directory: To post a PCA job or find a PCA

1-866-212-9675 www.mass.gov/findpca

PCA Workforce Council: For information on the role and activities of the Workforce Council

Email: pcacouncil@state.ma.us  www.mass.gov/pca/


Sex Offender Registry Board (SORB): To find out if a person you may want to hire as your PCA is registered as a sex offender in Massachusetts         

1-978-740-6400 www.mass.gov/sorb

Stavros Fiscal Intermediary: For questions related to your PCA payroll, including questions about employer taxes and overtime.  You can also contact the FI should you want to know how many units remain on your PA.      

1-800-442-1185 http://www.stavros.org/

Stavros PCM Agency: For questions related to the PCA program, your PCA Application, your Surrogate Assessment, your Service Agreement, or your PCA Evaluation.      

1-800-804-1899  (Member Services)     http://www.stavros.org/

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: For information and instructions about completing the Employee Eligibility Verification (I-9) form   

1-888-464-4218 or 1-877-875-6028 (TDD)                http://www.uscis.gov/


U.S. Department of Labor, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): For information on the FLSA, which establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, “live-in” standards, recordkeeping, and youth employment rules affecting employees, including domestic service employees such as PCAs.             

1-866-4USWAGE or (1-866-487-9243) or TTY: 1-877-889-5627        http://www.dol.gov/whd/flsa/